Pulmonary Hypertension Expert Forum
Possible PH

Pulmonary hypertension is a condition associated with high blood pressure in the arteries that connect your heart with your lungs. It is a serious condition for which there are many emerging treatments but no definite cure. In this disease, the blood vessels that carry oxygen-poor blood from your heart to your lungs become hard and narrow, which causes your heart to work harder to pump the blood. This forum is a place to ask questions about Pulmonary Hypertension. Some examples are: What caused me to get pulmonary hypertension? How is pulmonary hypertension diagnosed? What treatment options are available?

IMPORTANT!! If you have a question that requires immediate medical attention, or if you think you may have an emergency situation, please call your doctor or 911 IMMEDIATELY!

Possible PH
I had a echocardiogram because i was afraid i had endocarditis from a dental abscess and it was normal but i am stuck with some values:
RVOT Flow                     PV Flow
pV 108.6cm/sec              S: 79cm/s D: 56.5cm/s S/D: 1.4 PVA: 19.2cm/s at 99bpm
PG 4.7mmHg
Acc Time 128msec (there problem here is that i had 107bpm heart rate and if i do 75/107 * 128 = 90msec)
Doctor said i dont need follow up.
Went to second doctor for a second echocardiogram worried about pulmonary hypertension
TAPSE: >16mm
TR regurgitation with an estimaed RVSP of 13.4mmHg
Tricuspid Valve:
RA Pressure 5mmHg
TR Max PG 8.42mmHg
RVSP 13.4mmHg

What is going on?

Hello and welcome to the forum.

I'm going to be SUPER brief with this one.  Based on the information you provided, you do NOT have pulmonary hypertension.  Please also note that echocardiography can not definitively diagnose or exclude PH...this requires an invasive heart cath.  Having said this, again, based on what you provide, you do NOT have to worry about PH.

Take a deep breath and feel good that you seem healthy (but please stop smoking!!!).

Best,

Dr. Rich
Forgot to introduce myself, 31 years old male, heavy smoker bmi 25
Also take 10mg Valium and 20mg Paxil for OCD and depression, and since my first echocardiogram my blood pressure strikes at 140-150/80-90 while my normal is 120/75.
Thank you very much!
Actually my TAPSE was 27mm! What scares me is the acceleration time which is 90msec and from what ive seen is abnormal!