Post Partum Pulomonary Hypertension
My last pregnancy ended with a C-Section.  The rest of the hospital stay was normal.  I started having complications 4 days postop.  I started having massive swelling and alot of shortness of breath.  I was hospitalized where they did an ECHO, spiral CT to rule out PE and us and CT to look at elarged liver.  Last year we considered going through IVF again for another pregnancy and I met with high risk ob and did testing and they repeated my ECHO.  They reviewed results from my hospitalization post op with my last pregnancy and stated that I had post partum pre-e and pulmonary hypertension.  I repeated my echo last yr and they stated that it was normal and I had a great ejection fraction.  At that point we actually decided not to do IVF again because I had alot of anxiety about going through the complications again that I had last pregnancy post op.  I just recently found out that I am pregnant (very big surprise)  and Im excited but extremely scared!!!  Am likely to experience the post op pulmonary hypertension again?  Thank you in advance for any input.
Hello and welcome to the forum:

First, congratulations on your pregnancy!! How exciting and wonderful.

Second, I have never heard of postpartum pulmonary hypertension (ie that condition does not even exist).  The bigger question is did you have a postpartum cardiomyopathy (ie your heart was not working well).  I suspect they would have told you if this was the case?  Long and short---if it was only "pulmonary hypertension" by echo and now everything looks fine, dont even worry for a second.  If your EF was very reduced, however, and now its better, things might still be fine but I would be sure to consult with a cardiologist in this case.

Sounds most likely like all was fine and will be fine.  But for your own peace of mind, you might want to find a cardiologist who you can trust for a brief consultation.

All the best,

Dr. Rich