Pulmonary Hypertension Expert Forum
TUBERCULOMA

Pulmonary hypertension is a condition associated with high blood pressure in the arteries that connect your heart with your lungs. It is a serious condition for which there are many emerging treatments but no definite cure. In this disease, the blood vessels that carry oxygen-poor blood from your heart to your lungs become hard and narrow, which causes your heart to work harder to pump the blood. This forum is a place to ask questions about Pulmonary Hypertension. Some examples are: What caused me to get pulmonary hypertension? How is pulmonary hypertension diagnosed? What treatment options are available?

IMPORTANT!! If you have a question that requires immediate medical attention, or if you think you may have an emergency situation, please call your doctor or 911 IMMEDIATELY!

TUBERCULOMA

Hi Sir,
Based from my chest x-ray there is a subtle noducalcific densities that are seen at my left upper lung field. And from my apico-lordotic view it shows and confirms an ovoid opacity at the left apex and considers it as TUBERCULOMA. I’m now undergoing a medication and the doctor gave me same medicine to treat tuberculosis within 6 months but he said that I can be cure but then the tuberculoma egg size would still be there at my lungs, it won’t just be active and its growth would just stop. My question is can I really be cure with what he said I know its growth would stop  but still the tuberculoma is there and it’s just not active?  Can I die because of that?  What will I do so that it would never be active again? Can you please give me some suggestion or any other option after my medication to really remove the tuberculoma and not just to stop its growth and no longer be active?  Thanks.
Hello and welcome to the forum.

Unfortunately this is a pulmonary hypertension forum and thus I will not be able to comment on the prognosis of your tuberculosis.  I recommend speaking to your physician directly about this but if your are looking for a forum, I would suggest and general pulmonary or infectious disease forum.

All the best,

Dr. Rich