Pulmonary Hypertension Expert Forum
Tight chest, trouble breathing, then lethargic and sleepy all the time
About This Forum:

Pulmonary hypertension is a condition associated with high blood pressure in the arteries that connect your heart with your lungs. It is a serious condition for which there are many emerging treatments but no definite cure. In this disease, the blood vessels that carry oxygen-poor blood from your heart to your lungs become hard and narrow, which causes your heart to work harder to pump the blood. This forum is a place to ask questions about Pulmonary Hypertension. Some examples are: What caused me to get pulmonary hypertension? How is pulmonary hypertension diagnosed? What treatment options are available?

IMPORTANT!! If you have a question that requires immediate medical attention, or if you think you may have an emergency situation, please call your doctor or 911 IMMEDIATELY!

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Tight chest, trouble breathing, then lethargic and sleepy all the time

Hi, sorry in advance if this doesn't fit precisely with pulmonary hypertension, but sometimes it's hard to get through on a forum here and I was still wondering if you might have a piece of advice to add to my symptoms?

Back and the beginning of October, my chest one day became tight and heavy and I felt like I was chronically having trouble breathing deeply, as if my chest wall were offering resistance.   Also, a minor sinus issue such as mild pressure, lots of bloody boogers, etc at the same time.  My Dr. ordered a chest x-ray and labs including a D-dimer which came back negative.   Then, about a month went by and I started feeling very drowsy and lethargic, as if I usually feel OK for several hours after waking up but then a little later on I feel disconnected and can't resist going to sleep.  I have never in my life been one to take naps, I just don't do it.  But I feel very sleepy every day now, and disconnected from my surroundings in a haze as if I'm on some kind of weird drug.  

Do you know what I could have?    For the record, I am 33, male,  and about 3 years ago,  I had a cardiac stress echo and a sleep study done because I have a history of lots of PVC's that have come and gone over the last 5 yrs.  Both of those tests were normal at the time, apparently I did not have apnea bad enough for a mask.