Understanding pulmonary hypertension
I have recently had a right heart cath done due to ongoing chest pain, chronic shortness of breath, I also have COPD with low DLCO. What do the following measurements mean from the right heart cath and what would be the best next step to take.
RA pressure 10, RV 44/4, PA 41/18 with a mean of 28. PCWP is 14, cardiac output is 5.4, cardiac index is 2.6, AO saturation 88.7,PA saturation 64.7, and hemoglobin is 12.4. Not sure either what is condsidered normal for PA and OA saturation, are they considered the same as your pulse ox levels?
Hello and welcome to the forum.

I would be happy to interpret your cath numbers for you (I am going to assume for the sake of this conversation that the numbers are accurate):

In a nutshell, your problems (and symptoms) from the cath perspective is that it is all your lungs (ie your COPD).  You have very MILD pulmonary hypertension that can be entirely explained by low oxygen levels (again, as a result of your copd).  The good thing is that your cardiac output (the amount of blood that your heart is pumping) is normal.  

Your aortic saturation of 88% is low (and this is due to inadequate oxygenation of your blood from your lung disease).  Your PA saturation is fine (particularly in light of your aortic saturation).

Finally, your hemoglobin level is borderling low, particularly for someone with lung disease.  I would look into this a bit to see if there is any way to raise this value as this may actually make you feel better (typically people with low oxygen levels should have higher hemoglobins as the body's response to the low oxygen).

In terms of treatment, it is OXYGEN, OXYGEN, OXYGEN!!  This can really make a difference and make you feel better (Nobody wants to wear it--I know--but you really might feel a whole lot better).  Also, this goes without saying, hopefully you are not smoking.

Hope this helps.

All the best,

Dr. Rich
Doctor Ratings & Reviews
Who are the top-rated Cardiologists in your area?