Pulmonary Hypertension Expert Forum
desaturation index
About This Forum:

Pulmonary hypertension is a condition associated with high blood pressure in the arteries that connect your heart with your lungs. It is a serious condition for which there are many emerging treatments but no definite cure. In this disease, the blood vessels that carry oxygen-poor blood from your heart to your lungs become hard and narrow, which causes your heart to work harder to pump the blood. This forum is a place to ask questions about Pulmonary Hypertension. Some examples are: What caused me to get pulmonary hypertension? How is pulmonary hypertension diagnosed? What treatment options are available?

IMPORTANT!! If you have a question that requires immediate medical attention, or if you think you may have an emergency situation, please call your doctor or 911 IMMEDIATELY!

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

desaturation index

I am a 49 year old female under going investigation for PH. I recently had a sleep study done because I wake up 4 to 6 times/night. I had e-mailed my doctors secretary to see if she had the results back and this is what she sent me:

1. test does not support OSA.
2. infrequent snoring.
3. desaturations were generally mild in magnitude.
4. desaturation index was 17.1/hr

Is this normal? Should you desaturate at all at night? If I don't have sleep apnea, what could cause the desaturations if this is not normal? If not normal, when do you require oxygen? My doctor is away for a few weeks so I can't get an answer from him.Thank you.

MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank
Oct 04 by Lee Kirksey, MDBlank
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank