Pulmonary Hypertension Expert Forum
my 1 year old has a trach and we need to fly

Pulmonary hypertension is a condition associated with high blood pressure in the arteries that connect your heart with your lungs. It is a serious condition for which there are many emerging treatments but no definite cure. In this disease, the blood vessels that carry oxygen-poor blood from your heart to your lungs become hard and narrow, which causes your heart to work harder to pump the blood. This forum is a place to ask questions about Pulmonary Hypertension. Some examples are: What caused me to get pulmonary hypertension? How is pulmonary hypertension diagnosed? What treatment options are available?

IMPORTANT!! If you have a question that requires immediate medical attention, or if you think you may have an emergency situation, please call your doctor or 911 IMMEDIATELY!

I have a one year old with a trach she was born a preemie so she couldn't breath on her own. I need to fly to the US I live in Puerto Rico she has a Oxygen concentrator in the house but that one is not allow in the Plane please help me choose the right Portable Oxygen Concentrator for my daughter so I can fly. Right now she is in 2 LPM. please I NEED THAT INFORMATION AS SOON AS POSSIBLE MY MOM IS SICK :(
Hello and welcome to the forum.

I am terribly sorry to hear about the difficulties you are struggling with.  Unfortunately, because this is an adult pulmonary hypertension forum, I am unable to provide you with an specific medical advice.

If she requires oxygen, doesnt she have a lung doctor whose office you can contact about this?

If you would prefer to post on one of these forums, I suggest you post in a pediatric pulmonolofy forum where the physicians there should be better suited to help you.

Wishing you the best,

Dr. Rich
Thank you so much Dr have a very bless day!!