Pulmonary Hypertension Expert Forum
pulmonary hypertension question
About This Forum:

Pulmonary hypertension is a condition associated with high blood pressure in the arteries that connect your heart with your lungs. It is a serious condition for which there are many emerging treatments but no definite cure. In this disease, the blood vessels that carry oxygen-poor blood from your heart to your lungs become hard and narrow, which causes your heart to work harder to pump the blood. This forum is a place to ask questions about Pulmonary Hypertension. Some examples are: What caused me to get pulmonary hypertension? How is pulmonary hypertension diagnosed? What treatment options are available?

IMPORTANT!! If you have a question that requires immediate medical attention, or if you think you may have an emergency situation, please call your doctor or 911 IMMEDIATELY!

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

pulmonary hypertension question

Hello,

Im 24 years old and am overweight but I've been losing and plan to lose much more. I was getting out of breath quickly, and i figured it was from my weight or maybe something else. I went to the cardiologist and he wanted me to do a stress echo. The technician told me while she was measuring the pulmonary pressure that it was 27mmHG. After I got off the treadmill during excercise, the pressure dropped to 17mmHG. Isn't the pressure supposed to rise during excercise? It sounds like mine is backwards lol.. I would rather it be 17mmHG at rest because 27 mmHG seems high and I don't want that strain on my heart at rest since obviously I'm at rest much more than excercising. Does this mean I have pulmonary hypertension?