Pulmonary Hypertension Expert Forum
pulmonary hypertension

Pulmonary hypertension is a condition associated with high blood pressure in the arteries that connect your heart with your lungs. It is a serious condition for which there are many emerging treatments but no definite cure. In this disease, the blood vessels that carry oxygen-poor blood from your heart to your lungs become hard and narrow, which causes your heart to work harder to pump the blood. This forum is a place to ask questions about Pulmonary Hypertension. Some examples are: What caused me to get pulmonary hypertension? How is pulmonary hypertension diagnosed? What treatment options are available?

IMPORTANT!! If you have a question that requires immediate medical attention, or if you think you may have an emergency situation, please call your doctor or 911 IMMEDIATELY!

pulmonary hypertension

what are the signs of pulmonary hypertension
Hello and welcome to the forum.

First, the main symptom of pulmonary hypertension is progressive shortness of breath, particularly with exertion.  Other findings may include leg swelling (edema), fliud in the abdomen (ascites), low blood pressure, dizziness/fainting, etc.  However, because pulmonary hypertension is uncommon and these symptoms are VERY common in many other conditions, the vast majority of the time there is another cause for the patients symptoms other than pulmonary hypertension.

Regarding the friend with PPH for 9 years, I can not comment based on the available information regarding life expectancy.  What I can tell you is that it is critical that they are receiving their care by a pulmonary hypertension specialist.  Your friend may be a candidate for more potent drugs than the ones mentioned.  There is absolutely no issue with "marriage"--this will not affect the condition (why would one think it would?)  Having children, however, is a completely different story.  Pregnancy in PPH can be quite dangerous.

Hope this helps.

Best,

Dr. Rich
My friend is having PPH past 9yrs onwards.Last year onwards she is using Tadalfil 62.5mg with the combination of Bosentan.Last month when she went to her normal check up her pressures increased and there is less blood circulation for her left lung.Before Bosentan she used Sildenafil.She is looking very tied and weak.Can you tell me that what will be her life time?Is it true that PPH patients cant marry that will be danger for their life?