Pulmonary Hypertension Expert Forum
pulmonary hypertension

Pulmonary hypertension is a condition associated with high blood pressure in the arteries that connect your heart with your lungs. It is a serious condition for which there are many emerging treatments but no definite cure. In this disease, the blood vessels that carry oxygen-poor blood from your heart to your lungs become hard and narrow, which causes your heart to work harder to pump the blood. This forum is a place to ask questions about Pulmonary Hypertension. Some examples are: What caused me to get pulmonary hypertension? How is pulmonary hypertension diagnosed? What treatment options are available?

IMPORTANT!! If you have a question that requires immediate medical attention, or if you think you may have an emergency situation, please call your doctor or 911 IMMEDIATELY!

pulmonary hypertension

Four years ago I was diagnosed with PH due to sleep apnea and had a pressure of 29.  Had a repeat echo last week and pressures are now at 45.  Doctor said right side of my heart was beating very vigorously, which I can see.  My doctor said I shouldn't be concerned and that it wasn't that serious.  However, everything I read on-line states that I should be concerned and should see a professional.  Should I be concerned?  I have used a CPAP for the past four years since the diagnosis.
Hello and welcome to the forum.

1. I tend to agree with your doctor in terms of the PH.
2. Echo is notoriously unreliable fo measure PA pressures. The RV function however is quite reliable and very encouraging.
3. I would continue with the CPAP and look for other causes of your symptoms. You would likely benefit from a diuretic (ie lasix), would limit your salt intake especially if you have high BP

Best of luck.

Dr. Rich
Would like to add that I have significant leg swelling, fatigue, tiredness, and often feel pressure in my chest and occasional pain.  Thank you.