Pulmonary Hypertension Expert Forum
shortness of breath

Pulmonary hypertension is a condition associated with high blood pressure in the arteries that connect your heart with your lungs. It is a serious condition for which there are many emerging treatments but no definite cure. In this disease, the blood vessels that carry oxygen-poor blood from your heart to your lungs become hard and narrow, which causes your heart to work harder to pump the blood. This forum is a place to ask questions about Pulmonary Hypertension. Some examples are: What caused me to get pulmonary hypertension? How is pulmonary hypertension diagnosed? What treatment options are available?

IMPORTANT!! If you have a question that requires immediate medical attention, or if you think you may have an emergency situation, please call your doctor or 911 IMMEDIATELY!

shortness of breath

hello,,i am a 42 yro male.. i began having tightness and sometimes consistant pain in my chest,  also i will wake up and feel like i cant breath, i will feel like im gasping for extended periods of time..i went to cardiologist and they did an chest xray, ekg and a nuclear stress test, and echo..stress test came back with an abnormality. they scheduled an angiogram.. today i went and had angiogram done and everything is perfect. arteries are clear, no previous damage shown. everyday i still have tightness/pain with breathing difficult, should i have primary care doctor order mri of chest?,, pulmonary appointment asap? what would cause these symptoms, chest wall, lung disease?
Hello and welcome to the forum.

Unfortunately, I think you are better off in a general cardiology forum.  This forum is specific to pulmonary hypertension.

I am sorry that you continue to experience these symptoms despite your otherwise reassuring test results.  I suggest that you find a primary care physician who you trust.  He/she should then be able to help you sort out what is going on.

Wishing you all the best.

Dr. Rich