Quantified Self Community
Is the 'quantified self' movement just a fad?
About This Community:

The Quantified Self community is where quantified self enthusiasts can share experiences and success stories, using device and application tracking to gain insight into their health.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank

33%
 (2) 
yes
66%
 (4) 
NO
6 Members voted
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
I would say "NO". People have been interested in keeping track of important health-related things for centuries. Fertility and menstrual charting easily come to mind. What is happening now, is the same caliber just with ease of accessibility and usability, less waste of resources (no paper involved here) and a different genre of community element.

I was interested when this new group popped up. I said to myself "quantified self, what is that?" I read your greeting, and I think I understand what you are saying but please correct me if I am wrong.

It might be possible that "quantified self" is a trans-cultural trend, more than a fad. I say this because of the connectivity of the internet and presumably the widespread usage of this website and it's tracking devices. Maybe that would be a good poll... asking what continent people using this website are from.

I myself, may not be a very good technically-inclined self-quantified enthusiast, as I don't come on here regularly enough to track the few things I have as trackers. I do however, track my menstrual cycle via a real-life calender and find it of utmost importance.
Blank
3220111_tn?1346014187
Was Christianity just a fad? Was science just a fad? Was cosmology just a fad?
Blank
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Quantified Self Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...
Jul 20 by John C Hagan III, MD, FACS, FAAOBlank
242532_tn?1269553979