Radiology Community
Another abdomen & pelvic ultrasound needed?

WELCOME TO THE RADIOLOGY COMMUNITY: This Patient-To-Patient Community is for discussions relating to: Cancer Treatment, CT/CAT Scan, Mammography, MRI, Nuclear Medicine, Radiation Therapy, Ultrasound, X-rays and all things related to radiology.

Today my mom went in for her routine yearly checkups and as per usual had her abdomen & pelvic ultrasound done to check for abnormalities. A few minutes ago, they called and requested that she come in again on Wednesday for another ultrasound of the same area. I am extremely worried as I have no clue what might be the reason for the need of the 2nd ultrasound of these 2 regions. I did look online and saw that often additional ultrasounds are needed if there is gas/bowel in the system which does hinder the quality of the ultrasound result.

Please anyone with knowledge on this topic, could you help put my mind at ease? Am I panicking over nothing?
Avatar_dr_f_tn
How is your Mom? Does she have symptoms present or significant medical history in her pelvic or abdominal area? I agree with your that a repeat scan may be done if the initial scan was not very clear.  This could just be routine and may not be anything to be worried about. Talk to her doctor about this also to help ease any anxiety or worry. Take care and do keep us posted.