Radiology Community
CT Scan - Should I have it read again?

WELCOME TO THE RADIOLOGY COMMUNITY: This Patient-To-Patient Community is for discussions relating to: Cancer Treatment, CT/CAT Scan, Mammography, MRI, Nuclear Medicine, Radiation Therapy, Ultrasound, X-rays and all things related to radiology.

CT Scan - Should I have it read again?

I picked up a CD of CT scans I had done in May and June of my abdomen and pelvis. The report for the scan in May notes cysts on my ovaries. I had an ultrasound confirming the cysts on my ovaries. The report for June states that 'the uterus and ovaries are unremarkable'. The cysts are considered normal because I have PCOS. I am curious because I found an image from my pelvic CT scan from June that has a flag and an arrow on it, but there is no mention of it on the report. It doesn't seem to be in the area of my ovaries, but I don't really have any clue as to what I'm looking at. I can't find anything online that can give me an idea as to what the arrow is pointing to. Should I be worried? Should I try to have someone else read the image? If so, what type of doctor would I go to to have it re-read? I have been very sick since April. A hematologist has found a blood clotting disorder that is still being worked up. I am hoping the image might give some sort of clue as to what's wrong, as many of my other tests have been normal.
Avatar_dr_f_tn
How are you? Though findings in imaging studies are usually included in the final report, it would indeed be very helpful to clear the issue with a doctor.  If you can not follow-up with the doctor who initially read the scan, you can discuss the results with your attending physician or have the plates/ scan read by another radiologist. This would help clear any worries or doubts. Take care and do keep us posted.
I made a new screen name because I forgot my password. I just wanted to thank you for your concern. I brought copies to another doctor. She had them interpreted by another radiologist. I don't think the flag on my scan was related to my health issues. I was just eager to find an answer and looking everywhere. I have been having constant digestive problems and painful body heat since April. I and alot of my doctors kept trying to tie the problem to my hormones, since I haven't treated my PCOS in several years and haven't had regular cycles. I also had a lot of suggestions that I may be having a mental health issue, which was difficult because being in pain and not being able to find the cause of it made me question my own sanity at times. Anyway, after many months and many normal imaging and blood tests, I had a HIDA scan done which showed that my gallbladder is inflamed. I am still waiting to discuss the implications of this with my doctor. I was very sick in the beginning to the point of being bedridden and unable to eat much. I still can't eat very much and am in near constant pain from this. I am hoping that inflammation of the gallbladder can be a cause for the pain I've been in and that my other organs haven't been damaged from this. After all this time all that I can do is hope for the best, but it's nice to finally have some answers.