Radiology Community
CXR abnormal

WELCOME TO THE RADIOLOGY COMMUNITY: This Patient-To-Patient Community is for discussions relating to: Cancer Treatment, CT/CAT Scan, Mammography, MRI, Nuclear Medicine, Radiation Therapy, Ultrasound, X-rays and all things related to radiology.

CXR abnormal

I am 33 year old male. I was feeling short of breath from last couple of days. I went to GP and she asked me for a chest xray. everything is chest xray is normal except one thing to follow up. It is written in report as :

"There is a suggestion of increased density in posterior aspects of lower thoracic vertebral bodies"

My GP told that we will have a another xray in 2-3 weeks. can anyone please help me to understand what it is? Thanks.
Avatar_dr_f_tn
How are you? As mentioned from the other post, increased density may suggest pulmonary or musculoskeletal issues which may result from the symptoms you have. A repeat chest xray compared to your previous xray will help determine if the finding persists as well as if further evaluation is needed. Take care and do keep us posted with your follow-up xray. Best regards.