Aa
A
A
Close
Chest X ray help
I got a chest x-ray done and got the results as:
"Pectus excavatum with some flattening of the cardiac silhouette. There are diffuse increased markings in the perihilar and infrahilar regions particularly on the right. The bony thorax is intact with a mild dectroscoliosis."
Now i do have 'pigeon chest' where the right chest is more pushed in compared to the left since birth. is this what is causing the results above or does those results mean something else? my doctor wasnt to clear on what that means but just said i need to get CT done which i am limited of time as i am flying out of the country in 2 days.....
Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
Hi,
How are you? Were you able to have the CT scan? Pectus carinatum or pigeon chest, is the opposite of pectus excavatum or funnel chest. Pectus excavatum describes an abnormal formation of the rib cage that gives the chest a caved-in or sunken appearance. This is congenital is caused by too much growth of the connective tissue that joins the ribs to the breastbone. It can also be caused by familial pectus excavatum, marfan syndrome, rickets or scoliosis. At this point, it is not definite if there is a relation. It is best that you discuss the results with your attending physician for proper evaluation. Your symptoms as well as your medical history are important considerations. Take care and do keep us posted.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Submit Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Radiology Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488 tn?1310696703
Blank