Radiology Community
Chest x-ray results

WELCOME TO THE RADIOLOGY COMMUNITY: This Patient-To-Patient Community is for discussions relating to: Cancer Treatment, CT/CAT Scan, Mammography, MRI, Nuclear Medicine, Radiation Therapy, Ultrasound, X-rays and all things related to radiology.

Chest x-ray results

I received a letter from the Emergency Department a week after being treated for a fall. The letter stated that "Your chest x-ray obtained in the Emergency Department on May 24, 2012 revealed a nonspecific density projecting over the trachea on the lateral view of the chest. Although these occasionally are significant, it is most likely benign, and only requires a repeat x-ray and follow up exam.

My question is, has anyone ever received something like this or similar, and if so what could the cause of this mean? I am making myself sick with worry and is it something I should be worried about?

Thank you.
Avatar_dr_f_tn
How are you? Were you able to have the repeat chest x-ray done? There are instances wherein an x-ray is repeated to confirm the presence or absence of findings like densities or haziness. It does not necessarily concludes any disease or condition. To ease any worry, it is best that you have the repeat x-ray done and discuss the results with your doctor. Take care and do keep us posted.
Yes I did have a repeat x-ray. I was told then that there was nothing at all found. I don't have much confidence with the clinic I go to, but seem to be okay besides occasional bad taste from my throat. Also have had a couple bouts of severe sore throat. Thank you for your concern.

DeAnna