Radiology Community
Does partial calcification in a brain neoplasm necessarily indicate mal...

WELCOME TO THE RADIOLOGY COMMUNITY: This Patient-To-Patient Community is for discussions relating to: Cancer Treatment, CT/CAT Scan, Mammography, MRI, Nuclear Medicine, Radiation Therapy, Ultrasound, X-rays and all things related to radiology.

Does partial calcification in a brain neoplasm necessarily indicate malignacy?

It is a pineal neoplasm, partically calcified 9x8mm.
Avatar_dr_f_tn
How are you? What are the symptoms present? Can you elaborate on the neoplasm present? Calcification of the pineal gland is typical in adults and has been also seen in children. However,  tumors involving the pineal gland are rare and most commonly take the form of germinomas. Pinelomas, however, can be divided into two categories, pineoblastomas and pineocytomas, which is often based on the differentiation  which also affects neoplastic aggressiveness. It is best that you discuss the results with your attending physician. Your medical history. symptoms and condition present are important considerations.   Take care and do keep us posted.
I have another MRI coming up soon.  Then, I will see if it has grown or not.  The area of the lesion complicates the situation as I'm sure you already know.  Lately, I feel this enduring tiredness.  It is a close feeling to as when I was nursing my daughters.  It's a very weak, enduring fatigue.  It doesn't seem to go away with sleep.  So, lately I have been taking much more caffeine intake than probably necessary.  Also, the pain in my head is like a very, very dull nail in the top of my head.  Penetrating kind of feeling.  I have a hard time concentrating and staying organized with things.  Whatever is going up there in my head is greatly diminishing my quality of life.  My MRI also said I have a slight cerebral tonsillar ectopia, brain herniation.  Hopefully I will know more after the upcoming MRI.