Radiology Community
Forged ultrasound???

WELCOME TO THE RADIOLOGY COMMUNITY: This Patient-To-Patient Community is for discussions relating to: Cancer Treatment, CT/CAT Scan, Mammography, MRI, Nuclear Medicine, Radiation Therapy, Ultrasound, X-rays and all things related to radiology.

Forged ultrasound???

8823988?1360252114
To cut a long story short, there is a woman who claims to be pregnant with my child but I was only with her once and we used protection. So I highly doubt it is mine. She sent me an ultrasound image to prove that she is pregnant. But the image looks as though it has been edited/forged. It is an image taken by a GE (General Electric) ultrasound machine. The image format is the same as this (http://i1080.photobucket.com/albums/j321/mellian1221/Baby%20Cota/Ultrasounds001.jpg) with all the info at the top in boxes, separated by faint grey lines (that image is also attached).  But in the image she sent, her name and the date look like they were added after the image was taken. The text is still white, but those two pieces of info appear in black boxes that look like they were pasted in. Plus the text is not aligned perfectly with the other text on the same line (it slightly lower). And the black box is superimposed on the row lines, breaking those faint grey lines that separate the info fields. So it clearly looks like that info was not in the original image.

So my question is this: Can you think of any reason whatsoever that a hospital would take an ultrasound image and have to go in and add the patient’s name and the date after the fact? Perhaps a problem with the ultrasound machine that prevents them from putting that info into the original picture? Or any other possible reason? It seems very suspect that those two pieces of information look forged but the rest looks like an original. I believe this woman is playing a sick game with me to get attention. I really need advice from someone who is familiar with ultrasound machines and particularly the GE version. I can send you the image to inspect if you like, just email me at ***@**** or send me a private message and I will provide it so you can see for yourself. Thanks so much for your help!  
Get a DNA test