Radiology Community
Help understanding my MRI

WELCOME TO THE RADIOLOGY COMMUNITY: This Patient-To-Patient Community is for discussions relating to: Cancer Treatment, CT/CAT Scan, Mammography, MRI, Nuclear Medicine, Radiation Therapy, Ultrasound, X-rays and all things related to radiology.

Help understanding my MRI

I had an MRI of my ankle and am having trouble understanding the results.

Once again a nearly 7 mm diameter region of osseous abnormality is evident within the central lateral portion of the talar dome. This demonstrates a hypointense sclerotic rim, with some central sclerosis and surrounding increased T2 signal. There is oedema within the talus surrounding this region. No T2 hyperintense rim is identified. The overlaying cartilage is mildly thickened, but is intact, with no evidence for a free fragment. Appearances are in keeping with osteochondritis dissecans of the talar dome.
The signal return from the remainder of the visualised bones is otherwise unremarkable, with no other regions of oedema identified. The surrounding soft tissues are unremarkable.
The anterior talofibular ligament is mildly thickened but is intact. Likewise the remaining ligaments around the ankle joint are intact, with no ligamentous injury identified. No abnormalities of the surrounding tendons are evident.