Radiology Community
Interpretation of results *scrotal / testicular ultrasound* + future pr...

WELCOME TO THE RADIOLOGY COMMUNITY: This Patient-To-Patient Community is for discussions relating to: Cancer Treatment, CT/CAT Scan, Mammography, MRI, Nuclear Medicine, Radiation Therapy, Ultrasound, X-rays and all things related to radiology.

Interpretation of results *scrotal / testicular ultrasound* + future precautions

Hello, this past week I discovered a hard lump about the size of a BB on my left testicle. I have no noticeable pain in my groin area. Filled with anxiety, I contacted my doctor's office and he had me go directly to have a scrotal/testicular ultrasound. Below are the outlined results along with my doctor's email response simply stating that the bump is a cyst.

Taking the information below into consideration, I am simply looking for other input from a doctor here on the forum as to any further interpretation of these results:

- What they mean?
- What should I now do about any of the findings?
- Is there any future concern necessary?
- How should I monitor this issue with the cyst and do I need to take any immediate action?
- Etc.

Thank you for any insight and please see my results below.

Dr.'s email response:

"Your ultrasound shows a simple cyst. There was no testicular mass, no evidence of malignancy. Followup with me for evaluation if you're concerned about your symptoms"

-----

PROCEDURE: US SCROTUM AND TESTICLES, NIVL DUPLEX ABD PELVIS A V
IN OUT FLOW LIMITED

TECHNIQUE: Transverse and sagittal high resolution sonograms of
the testicles and scrotal contents with duplex Doppler
interrogation.

FINDINGS:  

- The right testicle measures 4.5 x 3.2 x 3.2 cm.
- The left testicle measures 5.3 x 2 x 3.2 cm.
- The right epididymis measures 10 x 9 mm. A 2 mm right epididymal head cyst is seen.
- The left epididymis measures 14 x 11 mm. A 5 mm left epididymal head cyst is seen.
- The bilateral testicles are normal in size and homogeneous without evidence of mass.
- Several tiny calcifications are seen at the inferior right testicle which do not meet criteria for testicular microlithiasis.
- Symmetric flow to both testicles is seen via color Doppler and spectral waveform analysis.
- Large right-sided hydrocele and small left-sided hydrocele are seen.
- Left-sided varicocele is also noted.
- *A 6 x 3 x 6 mm simple cyst is seen within the scrotal skin overlying the left testicle in the area of palpable
abnormality.

Impression:

IMPRESSION:  
1. 6 mm simple cyst within the scrotal skin overlying the left
testicle in the area of palpable abnormality.
2. No intratesticular masses.
3. Bilateral epididymal head cysts.
4. Left-sided varicocele.
Hi!
Usually cysts in the scrotal skin are harmless, and usually arise from sebaceous glands. Normally nothing is done. The cyst can be excised for cosmetic reasons. Otherwise it is removed only if it keeps increasing in size or becomes infected due to nay reason. Do discuss this with your doctor. Take care!

The medical advice given should not be considered a substitute for medical care provided by a doctor who can examine you. The advice may not be completely correct for you as the doctor cannot examine you and does not know your complete medical history. Hence this reply to your post should only be considered as a guiding line and you must consult your doctor at the earliest for your medical problem.