Radiology Community
MRI Results confusing
About This Community:

WELCOME TO THE RADIOLOGY COMMUNITY: This Patient-To-Patient Community is for discussions relating to: Cancer Treatment, CT/CAT Scan, Mammography, MRI, Nuclear Medicine, Radiation Therapy, Ultrasound, X-rays and all things related to radiology.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

MRI Results confusing

I had a MRI of the brain and the results are confusing, here is what they read: No mass effect or midline shift. No intracranial hemorrhage or extraaxial fluid collections. The ventricles and sulci are symmetric and normal in size for patients age. Post contrast images demonstrate no abnormal intraparenchymal or extraaxial enhancement. Diffusion weighted images demonstrate no areas of restricted diffusion. The visualized mastiod air cells, paranasal sinuses and orbits are normal.

What is confusing is this, what does this mean?: Normal MRI of brain except a few tiny punctate areas of subcortical T2/FLAIR white matter signal (abnormality) hyperintensities in the high frontal lobe.These are very nonspecific in appearance.

I am 31 years old, female, 5'1" and 165 lbs. I have a history of headaches, mostly tension types, but also occipital neuralgia, as well as some migraine symptoms, but not the usual migraine symptoms.