Radiology Community
MRI interpretation

WELCOME TO THE RADIOLOGY COMMUNITY: This Patient-To-Patient Community is for discussions relating to: Cancer Treatment, CT/CAT Scan, Mammography, MRI, Nuclear Medicine, Radiation Therapy, Ultrasound, X-rays and all things related to radiology.

MRI interpretation

4 months ago I got a vertigo attack and lightheadedness spell that last for several hours. At the time I was dieting for a bodybuilding competition and lifting quite heavy the morning earlier. I went to the ER and got a CT scan and bloodwork that was clear. From that point on i've felt massive head pressure with derealization/depersonalization, bouts of blurred vision, anxiety, anhedonia, neck and back stiffness+pain/popping, and post nasal drip with sinus swelling/congestion. It is slightly better when i lie down, and it feels as if my brain is tightly bound inside head when i go to shake it(when it usually would cause a pain sensation). My GP originally diagnosed it as allergic rhinitis after 2 rounds of antibiotics, and then stress related tension headache. I went and got an MRI non contrasted 2 months ago which turned out negative also. This pressure had still not gone away and it feels as if I am an alien inside my own body. Feelings of adrenaline no longer affect my forehead region, rather i feel a tightness. And it is as if my ability to produce emotions and euphoria has completely gone away. It has made life and work very difficult each day.

I recently went to a neurologist who ordered a contrast enhanced MRI with suspicion of a CSF leak. So I am currently waiting to be schedule for this second MRI. My neurologist also asked for the disk of my original MRI.

So i decided to take a look at it. Im no radiologist but after looking at the ethmoid sinus/inferior turbinate region on my right side it appears as if it is swollen? and quite different from the left region. Since this has started I have developed a clicking popping sound over the roof of my mouth when i blow my  Anose sometimes. Does this look MRI look normal? And does this sound like a csf leak situation? Any input would be greatly appreciated

http://s13.postimage.org/r3qat7ec7/dddf.jpg

here are some attached images of the MRI
Avatar_dr_f_tn
How are you? Were you able to have the second MRI? Were you able to have the result checked by your neurologist? It would really help if the recent contrast enhanced MRI was compared with the previous MRI in May for proper evaluation by your doctor. While official reading of the initial plain MRI was negative, the result of the recent MRI may be more conclusive. Take care and do keep us posted.