Radiology Community
MRI

WELCOME TO THE RADIOLOGY COMMUNITY: This Patient-To-Patient Community is for discussions relating to: Cancer Treatment, CT/CAT Scan, Mammography, MRI, Nuclear Medicine, Radiation Therapy, Ultrasound, X-rays and all things related to radiology.

MRI

I have a bony protrusion which I can feel at back of my tongue.  I can follow it to my Cervical Spine. I have a very sore throat.   This protrusion feels like  it is stuck in  my jaw.  Will this show up on  MRI ?
Avatar_dr_f_tn
How are you? Do you still experience the bony protrusion? How long have you been experiencing this? Imaging studies including MRI may be very helpful in identifying the anatomy such as the bony protrusion. Direct clinical evaluation by an ENT or specialist may also help. Take care and do keep us posted.  
Thank you for your reponse. Yes  I still feel  it all the time on the left side  at back of my tongue. Much worse after eating  or if I have to carry on long conversation..I can trace it  and feels like it  is coming  from C  2.. I know  this is rare but it is becoming much worse. My throat bothered me for couple years. Have you heard  of this before?