Radiology Community
Question regarding radiology visit

WELCOME TO THE RADIOLOGY COMMUNITY: This Patient-To-Patient Community is for discussions relating to: Cancer Treatment, CT/CAT Scan, Mammography, MRI, Nuclear Medicine, Radiation Therapy, Ultrasound, X-rays and all things related to radiology.

Question regarding radiology visit

I went to an outpatient radiology office. I was sent for a chest xray by my primary care physician. After the xray is taken, does a radiologist review the xray and make the diagnosis?

When I went back to my PCP, she just glanced at her computer and said the xray came back fine.
Avatar_dr_f_tn
How are you? A radiologist usually reviews the x-ray after it was taken and makes an official reading. In some institutions, with the advent of modern technology,  the  official results ( whether soft or hard copies) are forwarded to the attending physician. To ease any anxiety, discuss the results with  your doctor. Take care and best regards.