Renal Cyst Aspiration
I had a CT guided renal cyst aspirated recently that was causing an obstruction at the UP junction. Unfortunately, no scelosing agent was used and the cyst has refilled.  I would like to try the procedure again, this time with a sclerosing agent.  My question are as follows:

1) What are the chances of the sclerosing agent leaking out of the confinement of the cyst walls onto my kidney and causing damage to my kidney as scarring/fibrosis, etc.?

2) I would like to limit my exposure to rdiation and have this procedure guided by ultasound instead of CT. I was told that since enthanol will be used, it's safer to use the CAT scan (easier to see where the needle is going)..

3) If a sclerosing agent were NOT involved, would an ultrasound guided cyst aspiration be a reasonal alternative to CT guided one.

Thank you.
You want the best pictures possible.  They come using a CT scan rather then an ultra sound.