Radiology Community
Split cord? Would like to hear your opinion.

WELCOME TO THE RADIOLOGY COMMUNITY: This Patient-To-Patient Community is for discussions relating to: Cancer Treatment, CT/CAT Scan, Mammography, MRI, Nuclear Medicine, Radiation Therapy, Ultrasound, X-rays and all things related to radiology.

8705201?1357599766

First of all, thank you for your time.

I've recently been diagnosed with spina bifida occulta in my lumbar spine, accompanied by split cord there aswell.
I also have a low lying conus medullaris due to a tiny bit of fat tissue connected to it at sacral level.

I also had a congenital inclusion dermoid cyst in the back of my head (occipital region), which has been successfully removed when I was 2 years old. I'm 20 now.

I've recently had a check-up mri of my head to see if the cyst had come back, but it hadn't.
But I saw something else on the mri, which got me worrying a bit.

It's about my cervical spinal cord, it looks as if it's going to split there aswell. The mri only shows a part of my cervical spinal cord, since it's an mri of my head. But it certainly makes it look as if it's about to split completely, since the posterior side of the spinal cord is already showing a split, which isn't normal I assume?
I really think the posterior 'split' of the cervical spinal cord is there, and isn't due to me moving or something, because it shows in more than one series (with contrast, without contrast, coronal and transverse series).

I don't have any symptoms in my hands or arms though (yet). Well, the 2 smallest fingers of my right hand are a little smaller than they should be, they also look a tiny bit webbed, but no neurological symptoms.
Only the split cord of my lumbar spine is causing some -minor- neurological symptoms in my right foot and leg.

Could you please take a look at the photos I added, and tell me your opinion?
Should I have an mri done of my cervical spine? Please let me know what you think.

Thank you for your time

Blonmp
Also, I have a low posterior hairline, all the way down to my T1 spinous process, which is a symptom of NTD. Is it possible that it's only associated with the cyst, or would there have to be some other NTD involved?

Thank you