Radiology Community
Streaky densities

WELCOME TO THE RADIOLOGY COMMUNITY: This Patient-To-Patient Community is for discussions relating to: Cancer Treatment, CT/CAT Scan, Mammography, MRI, Nuclear Medicine, Radiation Therapy, Ultrasound, X-rays and all things related to radiology.

Streaky densities

What does it mean by this xray result? : streaky densities are likewised noticed in the right paracardiac area. Suspicious densities right spical region. Suggest apicolordotic view for better evaluation.

Please help!!! Kinda panic and worry!!! :(
Thank you!!!
The sac around the heart is the pericardium. Para is a prefix, when used in medicines it means alongside of or being near to. It could be the lungs or could be in the space between the lungs called the mediastinum. The streaky density could be due to bad x-ray technique or some shadowing from something else. Hence apicolordotic view has been asked to be got done. The apicolordotic (apical lordotic) view visualizes diseases at the top of the lung better than the standard view.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.