Worried
I've been working as a veterinary technician for alittle over 1 year and I have taken a decent amount of xrays in that time. I don't believe my boss fully adheres to the protocols of radiation safety. Our aprons are worn and not taken care of. I had a miscarriage in December at about 8 weeks. My question is should I be concerned that my fertility has been or could be effected from this. Additionally, if I am trying to get pregnant again, should I avoid taking xrays?
How are you? As mentioned from the other post, level of radiation exposure to ionizing radiation do not increase reproductive risks as long as the radiation dose is limited to acceptable levels, such as not above 200 mSv. It is recommended that precautionary measures and regular detection and monitoring is done. If you are planning to have a baby soon, it is best that you check with your doctor for proper management and to get clearance also to show your boss. Take care and regards.