Radiology Community
can you explain the MRI report please

WELCOME TO THE RADIOLOGY COMMUNITY: This Patient-To-Patient Community is for discussions relating to: Cancer Treatment, CT/CAT Scan, Mammography, MRI, Nuclear Medicine, Radiation Therapy, Ultrasound, X-rays and all things related to radiology.

can you explain the MRI report please

can you explain the MRI report please?

finding:
minimal disc desiccation ar C5-C6. However, no frank disc herniation or spinal stenosis in the cervical spine

prominent central canal seen in cervical spine opposite C4, C5 .AND C6 and also in upper dorsal region. However, no definite adjacent mass lesion in the visualized cervicodorsal spinal cord. further evaluation of the dorsal spine suggested.

impression
prominent central canal in the cervicodorsal region more marked in dorsal region opposite D4 with probably minimal syrinx, however, no evidence of tonsillar herniation.
Tags: MRI
In the center of the spinal cord there is a canal (central canal) that has some fluid in it normally. Most of the time it is imperceptible to the human eye.  Occasionally, this canal becomes prominent. Usually it is likely to be a benign finding that will not cause any symptoms and is not likely to grow or enlarge. But if it is associated with weakness in your muscles or abnormal sensation like burning, pain, numbness then repeat MRI’s may be needed.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Thank you Dr Bhupinder Kaur, MD.  I am doing ok. I have mild pain sometimes in my neck and upper back. but it is under control without daily medication. Do you think i should follow my Dr and get another MRI? I am only 25 old.  
I forgot to mention Dr. is it fine for me to start working out? normal wight nothing crazy.  
You should get the MRI done only when your doctor advises. Frequent exposure to radiations should be avoided. Also start with mild physical exercises only after a nod from your doctor and do these exercises under your trainer’s guidance.