Radiology Community
ct scan of head

WELCOME TO THE RADIOLOGY COMMUNITY: This Patient-To-Patient Community is for discussions relating to: Cancer Treatment, CT/CAT Scan, Mammography, MRI, Nuclear Medicine, Radiation Therapy, Ultrasound, X-rays and all things related to radiology.

ct scan of head

Does the CT scan of the brain go all the way through the brain and can it tell if I have a brain tumor?
A cranial computed tomography (CT) scan uses many x-rays to create pictures of the head, including the skull, brain, eye sockets, and sinuses.  Identifying a brain tumor usually involves a neurological examination, brain scans, and/or an analysis of the brain tissue. Although CT scan is not the only test to detect brain tumor but can give an initial idea about brain tumors. It is then followed by MRI or PET scans.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.