Radiology Community
what could cause a spot on the lung?

WELCOME TO THE RADIOLOGY COMMUNITY: This Patient-To-Patient Community is for discussions relating to: Cancer Treatment, CT/CAT Scan, Mammography, MRI, Nuclear Medicine, Radiation Therapy, Ultrasound, X-rays and all things related to radiology.

what could cause a spot on the lung?

My husband had a chest x-ray & a spot was found [pulmonary nodule].what else could cause this besides caucer & does bronchitis cause spots on the lungs?
Avatar_dr_f_tn
How is your husband? Was he able to have the repeat chest xray done? As mentioned from the other post, pulmonary nodules may be benign but may warrant further evaluation also if there are changes in size or appearance. Take care and best regards.
Hope you have found out woe new re our husbands nodule.   My husband had one found back in November.  We followed it up in January and to our surprise it showed that his lungs had innumerable nodes in both lungs and was sent straight to hospital.     He spent three and a half weeks in hospital before they decided that he had sarcoidosis of the lung.   At no time did he feel particularly unwell.   He ha undertaken mitral valve repair in the previous August and they doctors were concerned h e had a heart infection.    He is now n the way to recovery but it will a long time.    I hope you husband now as some answers.   P