Radiology Community
xrays and didnt know i was pregnant!

WELCOME TO THE RADIOLOGY COMMUNITY: This Patient-To-Patient Community is for discussions relating to: Cancer Treatment, CT/CAT Scan, Mammography, MRI, Nuclear Medicine, Radiation Therapy, Ultrasound, X-rays and all things related to radiology.

xrays and didnt know i was pregnant!

Hello, so i found out 3 days ago that i'm pregnant. I'm ecstatic but worried cuz on the 30 i had 4 tailbone xrays done. If my calculations r correct conception was on or around the 24 of july. So technically i was 6 days pregnant. I'm so scared of the effects, plzs of anybody has info or went thro something similar, id app any comment. Thxs!
Avatar dr f tn
I do understand your concern about radiation exposure. As mentioned from the other post, it is best that you see your obstetrician for proper estimation of the baby's age of gestation or to check with a medical radiation physicist to calculate baby's possible radiation exposure. Regular prenatal consult and intake of prenatal supplements are highly recommended. Take care and regards.