Radiology (Diagnostic) Expert Forum
??? meaning of my abnormal Spinal MRI report
About This Forum:

Questions in the Diagnostic Radiology forum cover topics including body imaging, bone scans, breast imaging, CT scan, magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), MRA, NMR, ultrasound, and x-rays.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

??? meaning of my abnormal Spinal MRI report

Hello.

Doctor went over page 1 of my C spine MRI but forgot to go over page 2.  I just read it and don't understand what the report means.  Could you please shed some light upon (a)what the MRI jargon in my report means, and (b)what specifically my MRI report means?

As it is now late Friday night, I have no one to answer my question.  

The report for the T spine reads as follows:  (1)  There is an abnormality in the left paraspinal soft tissue. It is increased in signal intensity on T2 images and decreased in signal intensity on T1 images.  (2)  Questionable abnormal marrow signal in the spinous processes at each thoracic level which is presumably red marrow.

What is red marrow?  Is it normal for adults to have red marrow in the spinous processes?

I truly appreciate any and all information you could possibly provide as I am sitting on pins and needles till Monday, when I can go back to the doctor's office.

Sincerely,

Sunny