Radiology (Diagnostic) Expert Forum
BENIGN LUMP LYMPH MODE

Questions in the Diagnostic Radiology forum cover topics including body imaging, bone scans, breast imaging, CT scan, magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), MRA, NMR, ultrasound, and x-rays.

BENIGN LUMP LYMPH MODE

I recently had my first mammogram. Well the results are in, the Dr. told me that I had a small mass that was benign near my lymph node on my left side. Told me nothing to worry about it, well that didn't work. My question is there treatment for this even though its benign I only have slight soreness in area? Can this ever turn cancerous?
Tags: lymphs
Avatar_dr_f_tn
It is very difficult with the limited information provided to answer all your questions. There are many benign lesions that can be detected with mammography and other imaging modalities. To determine whether a lesion is benign or not, it is common to do imaging such as mammography/ultrasound or both, clinical examination and a biopsy may be considered. In the case that the lesion is determined to be benign, then generally treatment is not required particularly if there are no symtpoms associated with it.