Radiology (Diagnostic) Expert Forum
CT Head-Brain WO Contrast

Questions in the Diagnostic Radiology forum cover topics including body imaging, bone scans, breast imaging, CT scan, magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), MRA, NMR, ultrasound, and x-rays.

CT Head-Brain WO Contrast

Can you help me with findings of my son's CT scan. (its for 4.5 year boy)
The patient is status post suboccipital craniotomy. There is thin liner region of increased attenuation deep to the craniotomy which may reflect dural clacification or possibly reflect duraplasty. There is a midline cystic process along the inferior cerebellar vermis measuring approximately 2.5x2.8 cm.Which extends to the posterior aspect of the fourth ventricle may in fact communicate with the fourth ventricle. The fourth ventricle remains patent as do the basilar cisterns. The extra-axial collection deep to the suboccipital craniotomy cm prior CT examination is no longer identified. There is no evidence of intracranial hemorrhage, mass effect or midline shift.

The orbits are normal in morphology. The calvarium is intact. The ventriculostomy catherter has been removed. the ventricles are slightly smaller in size.

Impression : Midline cystic collection along the inferior vermis extending to and possibly communication with the fourth ventricle. Decreased in extra-axial collection deep to craniotomy seen on prior exam. Postsurgical changes noted along the dura.

Slight interval decrease in size of ventricular system compared to prior exam. Ventriculostomy catheter has been removed.
Avatar_dr_f_tn
I am not sure what your question is, but hope that it has been answered by the clinicians looking after your son.