Radiology (Diagnostic) Expert Forum
CT vs Ultrasound on Ovarian Cysts
About This Forum:

Questions in the Diagnostic Radiology forum cover topics including body imaging, bone scans, breast imaging, CT scan, magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), MRA, NMR, ultrasound, and x-rays.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

CT vs Ultrasound on Ovarian Cysts

I have recently had a rash of odd things happening.  A couple of things were happening simultaneously, causing different doctors to run different tests.  My OB ran a trans vag ultrasound and my GP ran a CT Scan of Abdomen and Pelvis.  (US was run to diagnose an enlarged uterus; CT was run due to right side pain and elevated pancreatic enzymes.)   US showed abnormalities in the uterus, and ovarian cysts.  The CT said uterus and ovaries were normal.  I am confused because I thought a CT was more sensitive than an US.  Why did my results end up reversed?