Radiology (Diagnostic) Expert Forum
Confused by ultrasound results
About This Forum:

Questions in the Diagnostic Radiology forum cover topics including body imaging, bone scans, breast imaging, CT scan, magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), MRA, NMR, ultrasound, and x-rays.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Confused by ultrasound results

recently had an ultrasound done on a cyst found on an MRI.  I am confused by what the doctor told me.  Can you please explain what this means.

Findings: Uterus has normal echotexture and measures 9.89x4.61x5.80cm.  Myometruim has an unremarkable appearance.  Endometrialo strip measures 0.97cm.  Left ovary measures 3.73x1.57x1.72cm.  Physiological follicals are seen within the left ovary.  Hypoechoic lesion is noted within the left ovary measuring 0.98cm in greatest dimension.  Right ovary measures 4.92x4.88x5.19cm.  Anechoic lesion is seen within the right ovary measuring 3.36x3.97x2.09 cm.  This lesion has an internal septation and small area of nodularity.

Impression:  Left ovary with 0.98cm hypoechoic lesion are described and right ovary with 3.9 partially complex cyst.  Neither cyst is consistant with dermoid.

Thank you for your time
Related Discussions
301037_tn?1213868178
In your case they have incidentally found an ovarian cyst which has evidence of nodularity and septation. Yes your age is an important consideration, because these findings make this a partially complex cyst and exclusion of other conditions like mitotic etiology is reqd. CA-125 is recommended and follow up.
3 Comments
Blank
I would go over to the Ovarian Cancer board--you will find lots of info...I posted a note last night and got a lot of answers.  I have a 3.3 cm cyst with one septation that was discovered by accident during a ct scan.  A key bit of information is your age and whether you are post menopausal...I am so the dr is going to remove it and both ovaries laparoscopically.  If you post your info + age you will get some answers on the OC board
Blank
388423_tn?1208311971
I am 30 years old.  Also, I looked up Miotic Etiology and could not find what this means.  I also have an appointment with the GYN next week to check out this issue further.  Are there any specific things I should be asking or looking for?  Thanks again for your assistance.
Blank
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
The 3 Essentials to Ending Emotiona...
Sep 18 by Roger Gould, M.D.Blank
242532_tn?1269553979