Radiology (Diagnostic) Expert Forum
Liver mass
About This Forum:

Questions in the Diagnostic Radiology forum cover topics including body imaging, bone scans, breast imaging, CT scan, magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), MRA, NMR, ultrasound, and x-rays.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Liver mass

Following an abdominal ultrasound to check my gallbladder, the doctor ordered a CT scan because 2 hypoechoic masses were noted on my liver.  Have not received the results from the CT scan.  What are the possible causes of the masses?
Tags: ct scan
Related Discussions
1 Comment
Blank
I have 8 masses on my liver also. They were found in June of 07' after I had an ultrasound for abdominal pain. I am 26 years old. Don't be surprised if they order an MRI, then a liver biopsy. That is what I have been through. They came to the conclusion that my masses were benign and were caused by my Birth control pills that I had taken for 8 years. I have had a CT scan every 6 months now and they seem to be shrinking. My Liver enzymes are also elevated and I have been controlling that with diet and exercise. But I know it's hard not to worry..I've been in your shoes. Try not to ...and I hope every thing turns out ok for you.
Blank
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Emotional Eaters: How to Silence Yo...
Mar 26 by Roger Gould, M.D.Blank
1344197_tn?1392822771