Radiology (Diagnostic) Expert Forum
Question about pulmonogist report

Questions in the Diagnostic Radiology forum cover topics including body imaging, bone scans, breast imaging, CT scan, magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), MRA, NMR, ultrasound, and x-rays.

Question about pulmonogist report

I went to see a pulmonolgist b/c i was having shortness of breath. A tech had me do a spriogram which the tech said the results were "normal and i had nothing to worry about" The pulmonologist said that he thinks my breathing problems are probably because of anxiety. I have read his reprt which says "CT of the chest showed mild interstitial prominence without any focal infiltrates. Spirogram was within normal limits." I asked the dr. what the heck "showed mild interstitial prominence without any focal infiltrates meant and he said "i'm fine and dont worry and i have to much anxiety" but he never answered my question on just what the heck it is and what it means. I tried looking it up online but i'm too confused and nervous. Please help me understand what this means.