Radiology (Diagnostic) Expert Forum
Sclerotic lesion

Questions in the Diagnostic Radiology forum cover topics including body imaging, bone scans, breast imaging, CT scan, magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), MRA, NMR, ultrasound, and x-rays.

Sclerotic lesion
I was recently found to have a 8mm rounded sclerotic area in the l3 vertebral....can you put this into
English for me ---- a previous xray shows that there has been no change........what's next for me?
small sclerotic lesion in the vertebrae which is uncghanged on serial xrays is probably with out any significance and may indicate something which is called a bone island. (benign finding)  However, to be on a safer side serial follow up has been advised. Sclerosis in common english means increased density.