Radiology (Diagnostic) Expert Forum
cranial ct scan
About This Forum:

Questions in the Diagnostic Radiology forum cover topics including body imaging, bone scans, breast imaging, CT scan, magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), MRA, NMR, ultrasound, and x-rays.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

cranial ct scan

hi..im a medical technologist by profession and i wonder if you could make it easy for me to understand this ct scan results that was given to me since i don't have any background regarding this thing. I would really appreciate if you could at least interpret it to me in layman's term. Hoping for your generous response.Thank you and God bless!

> >  The CT images reveal an ill – defined hypodensity in the left frontal periventricular area. A well - defined hypodensity is seen in the lentiform nucleus, associated with dilatation of the frontal horn of the left lateral ventricle. There is also subcentimeter hypodensity in the right lentiform nucleus.  The rest of the cortical sulci, lateral fissures, cerebellar folliae and basal cisterns are prominent, with exvacuo dilatation of the ventricles. The midline structures are undisplaced.Pineal gland calcifications noted. The sella, brainstem and CP angles are unremarkable. No extra axial fluid collection. Soft tissue densities are seen in the left ethmoid and sphenoid sinuses. The rest of the imaged paranasal sinuses and mastoids are normally developed, clear and pneumatized. The bony callasum is intact. The orbital contents are unremarkable .Acute non hemorrhagic infarct, left frontal periventricular chrinc infarct left lentiform nucleus subacute lacunar infarct, right lentiform nucleus cerebrocerebellar atrophy, left ethmoid and sphenoid sinus disease
Tags: cranial
301037_tn?1213868178
Your CT report suggests
---Acute non hemorrhagic infarct, left frontal periventricular--- This looks like a relatively fresh infarct --Infarct is a result of blockage of blood supply of the brain
chrinc infarct left lentiform nucleus subacute lacunar infarct, right lentiform nucleus --- Both basal ganglia regions shows old infarcts that means sequale of the old blockages.
cerebrocerebellar atrophy-----This must be age related , with age the brain shrinks and this is likely to be age related
, left ethmoid and sphenoid sinus disease --- This is likely to be an incidental finding noted on CT scan, there is sinus disease....

MRI is suggested for better evaluation.
Blank
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
The 3 Essentials to Ending Emotiona...
Sep 18 by Roger Gould, M.D.Blank