Radiology (Diagnostic) Expert Forum
ct without oral contrast
About This Forum:

Questions in the Diagnostic Radiology forum cover topics including body imaging, bone scans, breast imaging, CT scan, magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), MRA, NMR, ultrasound, and x-rays.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

ct without oral contrast

would a ct without oral contrast miss adenopathy?
I has iv contrast but not oral contrast of abdomen pelvic
thank you
Related Discussions
301037_tn?1213868178
CT scan of abdomen is usually done with oral contrast and i/v contrast and using both is essential to comment on lymphandenopathy. It is difficult to differentiate lymphnodes from unopacified bowel loops.
2 Comments
Blank
I have had  multiple hernia repair all at once last Nov. Starting this March I began not feeling well only to find out after 5 repeated noncontrast use CT scans that I have a abdomen abscess. I was treated three time may-aug with 2 jp drain tubes and then a wound vac. After thinking I was o.k. through sept and oct. we have found through ct no contrast a "residual abscess". What causes this? Also why is it that some radiologist claim they cant "see" an abscess, yet its there (3.3cm x 1.6 cm) and the surgeon can look and see it?
Help?
Thanks,
Dakota-ohio USA
Blank
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank