Radiology (Diagnostic) Expert Forum
lymp node in groin

Questions in the Diagnostic Radiology forum cover topics including body imaging, bone scans, breast imaging, CT scan, magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), MRA, NMR, ultrasound, and x-rays.

lymp node in groin

my daughter has a swolllen lymp node in the groin on one side she has had a ct scan 2 weeks ago and has got to have another tomorrow she has had no problems with her legs and I am very worried that it might be something serious
Tags: node
Enlarged lymphnode anywhere in the body may indicate inflammatory/infective/neoplastic etiology and it is very difficult to say what your daughter may have. The best answer would only come after further imaging and biopsy of the node, which will give us the exact diagnosis in your case.
thank you for your reply my daughter has had the second scan and we are still no further down the road now she has an appointment at the colorectal surgery please could you tell me more about this as I am very worried  why she has been sent her what would be the problem.
regards
tower432
my daughter has had a second scan and now she has seen a specialist, she also had a blood test that has come back normal she was also given a course of anti biotics 500mg
but they did not bring the swelling of the lymph nodes down there are three all in the groin now the specialist is going to operate and remove 1 lymph node for testing can you please give me some answers as to what it might be, Do you think it might be some form of cancer as if it was an infection I would hae thought the antibiotics would have cleared it up.
Please reply thanking you
tower432