Radiology (Diagnostic) Expert Forum
radiation in breast cancer

Questions in the Diagnostic Radiology forum cover topics including body imaging, bone scans, breast imaging, CT scan, magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), MRA, NMR, ultrasound, and x-rays.

radiation in breast cancer

I was diagnosed with er/pr +ve hormones, Her2 +ve herceptrin left breast cancer. I have just finished a cause of chemotherapy of 18weeks in total, that is one day with three weeks off. Drugs used were flurouracil, eprubricin, cycloysphamide and dexamethazone. At present I am on tamoxifen. My question is this. I have started radiotherapy every day for four weeks but am not sure of how much radiation is used. I believe a clincal trial has been done on the cosmetic side of radiation thus perhaps cutting down the amount of days and months for the treatment. Could you tell me if this trial, which I know can be found on the Medical Launcet web site will be used as I have asked if I am on it. I go to the radiotherapy dept in reading uk. Also, what are the possible side effects to the lungs as my treatment is on the right breast.
Thanks you for your help.
Avatar_dr_f_tn
I apologise that neither Dr Seth nor myself are radiation oncologists and are unable to advise you. Is this perhaps something you can discuss with your oncologist?
Thanks for your reply. Have been on web site re side effects of radiation of right breast . Will be discussing with oncologist re treatment. Do you just do ct scans?.