Radiology Expert Forum
Bone "creaking"

Welcome to the Radiology Forum! Questions in this forum are being answered by medical professionals. Topics covered in this forum include Breast Imaging, CT/CAT Scan, Mammography, MRI, Nuclear Medicine, Radiation Therapy, Ultrasound and X-rays.

Bone "creaking"
I don't know if this is the right category, but there was none for "bones" or "fractures". I have a boxer's fracture that happened about a month and a few days ago. My 4th and 5th metacarpal were fractured and I have been in a splint for a month. It's been off for 2 days now and my 4th (the more severe of the two) is now creaking. It feels as if it is rubbing at the fracture site. If you feel it, as I try and make a fist it makes a vibration feeling. I'm not sure if the fracture hasn't healed fully and with some strain it has broken a bit, or if its just some movement of my tendon... Although I am very worried. Should I put the splint back on? Is this normal? There is no pain what so ever, just that feeling/action. What should I do? I am 23 years old and in good health apart from my fracture. I've been taking calcium, magnesium, vitamin A, K, C and D to help it since the accident.

Thank you.
You should phone up the doctor or clinician who is treating you for this.