Radiology Expert Forum
Bone "creaking"
About This Forum:

Welcome to the Radiology Forum! Questions in this forum are being answered by medical professionals. Topics covered in this forum include Breast Imaging, CT/CAT Scan, Mammography, MRI, Nuclear Medicine, Radiation Therapy, Ultrasound and X-rays.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Bone "creaking"

I don't know if this is the right category, but there was none for "bones" or "fractures". I have a boxer's fracture that happened about a month and a few days ago. My 4th and 5th metacarpal were fractured and I have been in a splint for a month. It's been off for 2 days now and my 4th (the more severe of the two) is now creaking. It feels as if it is rubbing at the fracture site. If you feel it, as I try and make a fist it makes a vibration feeling. I'm not sure if the fracture hasn't healed fully and with some strain it has broken a bit, or if its just some movement of my tendon... Although I am very worried. Should I put the splint back on? Is this normal? There is no pain what so ever, just that feeling/action. What should I do? I am 23 years old and in good health apart from my fracture. I've been taking calcium, magnesium, vitamin A, K, C and D to help it since the accident.

Thank you.
2054227_tn?1360523094
You should phone up the doctor or clinician who is treating you for this.
Blank
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Emotional Eating Control: How to St...
Aug 28 by Roger Gould, M.D.Blank
233488_tn?1310696703