Radiology Expert Forum
CT Scan of Chest without contrast
About This Forum:

Welcome to the Radiology Forum! Questions in this forum are being answered by medical professionals. Topics covered in this forum include Breast Imaging, CT/CAT Scan, Mammography, MRI, Nuclear Medicine, Radiation Therapy, Ultrasound and X-rays.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

CT Scan of Chest without contrast

I am a 30/year old male with history of smoking in my background. I had pain start on my left side chest wall extending to my back and my doctor, prescribed I get an X-Ray, the X-ray came back clear. I was still in pain 2 weeks later and I demanded a CT Scan or further eval ( I had no history of trauma). I went for a CT scan last week and my report states:

"Mild Infiltration of the subcutaneous tissue in the left lower lateral chest wall, consistent with Hemorrhage or edema and sub threshold sized lymph nodes; no masses or tumor"

"2.7mm x 3.7mm non-calcified granuloma on right lower lobe"

What does this mean, what is mild infiltration, I asked the doctor and he couldn't really give me an answer. He said it could be anything, but didn't really offer anything or suggest any further testing.
2054227_tn?1360523094
I can't give a great answer without seeing any images, but I'll say some general things. I don't like the word "infiltrate" because as you say, it's unclear what that means. In this case, it sounds like there is some abnormal density in the soft tissues; generally that is a bruise. Even thought you don't remember trauma, there is often minor trauma people don't remember, such as a kid or dog jumping on you.
Blank
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
How to Silence Your Inner Critic an...
Apr 16 by Roger Gould, M.D.Blank
242532_tn?1269553979