Radiology Expert Forum
MRI Head vs Brain
About This Forum:

Welcome to the Radiology Forum! Questions in this forum are being answered by medical professionals. Topics covered in this forum include Breast Imaging, CT/CAT Scan, Mammography, MRI, Nuclear Medicine, Radiation Therapy, Ultrasound and X-rays.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

MRI Head vs Brain

Isn't there a difference between MRI of the Brain and MRI of the Head? I have had so many MRI's in the past that I have had both and was pretty sure there is a difference. I have them where it just says head (re: sinuses) and some that say brain and actually show stuff in the brain area.  Although my doctor said he was going to send me for a Brain MRI with and without contrast (and I know he wrote for that) the girl who did my MRI said he didn't specify information such as w/ w/o contrast and I know that was on there as I talked to the hospital the night before and they said w & w/o and so the girl said oh he didn't specify so when it comes to MRI's I can take liberty and do what I want and I am only doing the with contrast because of your surgical history. In otherwords I wonder if she was doing my MRI correctly. She did my head/sinuses.

There was stuff on ALL of my other MRI's that I know just didn't go away after all these years and was not on this one. Which was the point in the whole MRI.
2054227_tn?1360523094
In general, MRI Brain and MRI Head are the same, but sometimes MRI Head can be subdivided into certain things like auditory canals, temporal bones, and orbits, usually for billing purposes. The MRI should be directed at a specific question to be answered, especially as you have had surgery.
Blank
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Emotional Eating Control: How to St...
Aug 28 by Roger Gould, M.D.Blank
233488_tn?1310696703