Radiology Expert Forum
MRI thigh
About This Forum:

Welcome to the Radiology Forum! Questions in this forum are being answered by medical professionals. Topics covered in this forum include Breast Imaging, CT/CAT Scan, Mammography, MRI, Nuclear Medicine, Radiation Therapy, Ultrasound and X-rays.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

MRI thigh

Hurt my hamstring 5 months ago ( had excruciating pain and severe bruising). have gone to physical therapy and have regained all my flexibility and have no acute pain anymore. My frustration is still not being able to run. I get almost immediate hamstring area tightness and have burning sensation and discomfort in my ankle/foot area also. the physical therapist thinks it is a compensatory reaction because I am flexing my foot too much to try and bring that weaker leg thru when running. I had MRI which showed abnormal signal intensity within the muscle and adjacent tissues at the junction of the middle and distal third of the long head of the biceps femoris. No full thickness tear is seen. what does this indicate? I would think I would see some improvement by now and I still feel the lagging tightness even when I walk fast. I am 47 and in great physical shape. I work out daily with weights and have no problem with elliptical workouts. Am I being too impatient or is this just not healing correctly?  Thanks