Radiology Expert Forum
Nasal Polyps I don't think so!
About This Forum:

Welcome to the Radiology Forum! Questions in this forum are being answered by medical professionals. Topics covered in this forum include Breast Imaging, CT/CAT Scan, Mammography, MRI, Nuclear Medicine, Radiation Therapy, Ultrasound and X-rays.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Nasal Polyps I don't think so!

The Radiologist report of my Acat/COR saggital sinuses:

The examination reveals severe bilateral maxillary and ethmoidal mucosal thickening.  This measures approximately 9mm in the right maxillary sinus and similar amount in the left maxillary sinus.  The ethmoidal sinuses are essnetially opacified.  There is mild uptake in the dependent portions of the sphenoidal sinus and the frontal sinuses.  There is not evedence of bony erosion.  The nasal septum is deciated to the right side.
SUMMARY: Pansinusitis

My ENT claims this without a doubt means I have nasal polyps and need minor sinus surgery for the polyps as well as the deviated septum.
How does he get nasal polyps from mucosal thickening?  This ENT is over 70 years old and show signs of memory loss.